Infinity engine Clone

zero0w

GemRB is an Infinity Engine Emulator. The Infinity Engine is the Game Engine developed by BioWare Inc. used in games like Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment.

The first scope of this project is to make a portable software which can emulate every function of this engine. GemRB will work on Unix/Linux Systems, MacOs X, and Windows.

To play a game using GemRB you have to own a legal copy of it, since we do not distribute any part of the BioWare work.

http://gemrb.sourceforge.net/

Don't hold your breath, it is still under development :unsure: .

Wow. This is awesome. I can't wait for it to get to the point where I can let my wife play Planescape Torment again. ;) I am NOT installing WineX or Windows just so she can play that crappy game.

• 2 weeks later...

We all know how you feel about wine/winex, but it DOES run Planescape Torment very well...

This sounds like good news though. I hope it doesn't get toasted like the whole WarCraft engine clone project. But Bioware does support Linux pretty well (Neverwinter Nights and all), except for Knights of the Old Republic :( .