Looking for kde-3.1.4 rpm's for MDK 9.2

fuzzylizard

Anyone know of a reliable source for kde 3.1.4 rpms made for Mandrake 9.2? Texstar has gone on vacation and I am not sure where to get the update from.

Or, is it advisable to download the source for the update files and build/install everything manually?

I looked for 3.1.4 srpms in cooker, but only found the 3.2 beta1's. I'm seriously considering rebuilding the 3.2 kde srpm set when beta2 or rc1 comes out. I figure why build 3.1.4 when 3.2 is so close.

I feel reasonably sure I can do it, as I've done xfree srpms optimized for athlon-xp before, with no problems. I also built kde 3.0.3 from cvs source tarballs once on Mandrake 9.0, and that worked OK.

I did download a huge set of 3.2 beta1's precompiled rpms from another site, that were from 10/28-11/03, installed them OK, but ran into too many bugs for them to be usable- turned out to be a big waste of time. They were going to fix them, but never updated anything, AFAIK. (I've been on my Gento box for the last few days, so maybe they did). On dial up, and it's a big long job, so I'm waiting until I hear more about the ones on cooker now, or kde beta2.

If anyone has experience with 3.2 beta's, please post. Seeing as how there are no MDK 3.1.4 srpms that I can find, maybe they are just skipping them, and finishing off 3.2.

wrc1944