NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 400

fahd

Please help !!

I installed mdk 9.2 using nvidia geforce 2 mx 400 video card. Unfortunately I can not set drakconf to recogonize my video driver. It says that there is not precompiled nvidia driver in kernel. How can I solve this problem.

Thank you.

:woops:

• 2 months later...

fahd,

Much as i shouldn't ill pull my knowledge from your OTHER post on this topic....

PLEASE... try and only post it once, not only does it confuse the volunteers here it also means we miss half of your information.

Your noscreens found. is probably a inconsistency between your monitor and graphics card and XFree not finding an advertised resultion and timing that is the same on both for the colour depth it is set up as.

To make this easy on yourself the best thing is to try and get the monitor stats from the handbook or the web first.

Often this is due to monitors not properly advertising their rates so that the autodetection fails to find a compatible refresh rate/resulution.

Before you do anything a working system is easier to work with.

Mandrake comes with a nvidia compatibl;e driver, its not accelerated etc. but it works and having X working makes everything else easier.

Its called nv (not nvidia which is the nvidia one you are struggling to compile)

Can you post you /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file and also

as root type

XFRee86 -configure (its possibly --configure)

this will create a file /root/xf86config.new

You can follow the instractions and see if it works, if so you can copy this file to the other (you can paste this exactly)

cp /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 /etc/X11/XF86Config.orig & cp /root/xf86config.new /etc/X11/XF86Config-4