Shutdown automatically when battery is low

highking

Hi,

On my laptop, KLaptop is able to execute a command when the battery is low. Now I would like to insert this command:

shutdown -h 1

So I would have 1 minute to save my work, before the laptop starts shutting itself down.

Well, I thought this would work, but since normal users aren't able to shut down the system, it doesn't!

Is there a way to enable shutdown for all users? So this thing works?

You can configure sudo to allow you to run a command without asking for a password - I've only recently rebuilt my machine and not got round to doing this myself yet so I'm afraid I don't have an example.

I believe that the config files installed with sudo may have some examples in them though...

Can't help you there I'm afraid as I don't use KLaptop - I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "run in a console"...

One thing you could try (and this is how my system is set up) is write a shell script to perform the shutdown (and anything else you need to do to make it a neat, clean shutdown) and get KLaptop to run that instead of the sudo command directly.

As I say, this is how my system is set up, and I run the scripts from a Dock app - not directly from a console