doom on mandrake9

83mercedes

I couldn't get my LM8.1 version of xmame to run fullscreen under lm9.0 either. It said something about not having access to DGA or something. Basically, either DGA isn't enabled, isn't installed, or there is some type of permission problem. I tried it as root.

Try running it from a console window and see if it spits out any error messages.

Glitz.

Sorry about the short answer above, I had to leave and was hurried.

To get Doom to work on Mandrake9, do a search on RpmFind.net for prboom AND prboom-gl (if you want to run it in openGL), and find these:

prboom-2.2.2-1.i386.rpm

prboom-gl-2.2.2-1mdk.i586.rpm

'prboom-gl' won't work without 'prboom' installed.

When you install prboom-gl, it may error for a couple of dependancies, but I did it 'nodeps' and it worked, I guess Mandrake 9 has newer versions of what it was looking for? So it will work.

Then you gotta get the doom1.wad and put it in

/usr/share/games/doom/

The executable is placed in /usr/games/ when you install the RPMs.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a post about Timidity++ and so on with PRBoom on the older forum(s) I think...

I usually leave XMMS playing, so I don't know. If someone emails me the steps properly, I can try it and write up a proper tutorial.

It's not high on my priority list though. :)

Mine has no music either.I'm GUESSING maybe it's cuz I only have the shareware doom wad.

I dunno.

Good Luck!

Doubt that's it. I have both Doom and DoomII full and neither has music. Sounds are fine just no music. No biggie but if it's there I want it to work.