9.2rc2 is the latest?

aze

No I think there were some changes between RC2 and the final release. The final release ISOs are available to Club members only at the moment, it'll be a couple of weeks before they go public. You can download 9.2 in plain form if you don't mind doing network install or maing your own ISOs.

Good question Aze. I have been wondering that myself! I have been finding mirror sites providing ISO images (MandrakeLinux-9.2 rc2 i586) dated Sept.9/2003 as well as Oct. 6/2003 and I am able to download (not a Mandrake club member either). What is the difference?? Is one or the other beta versions? If so will I have to hang tough and wait or are these final versions?

If you download the latest rc2 and then utilize urpmi to auto update your system, you will have a full version of 9.2, fivestar. :wink:

On my system, only 2 files were downloaded for the change. Oh, and you have to manually change the kernel to 2.4.22-10mdk. You must also install kernel sources if you plan to compile anything or use Nvidia drivers.

No, use the 9.2 tree. Cooker is, once again, moving on into the unknown. The only time to use cooker (unless you like to experiment and break stuff!) is when it is frozen. So use the 9.2 tree to update the rc2. It works fine! Or wait until the iso's are released to us lower life forms! :wink:

Thanks, I know I'll get the download edition when its available to everyone, but in the mean while, Ill try to ugrade with urpmi. That should be a good learning experience.

One other thing is it possible to dowload these files on one machine, then burn them to disc and install on another? I got my IT guy to let me dual boot mdk9.2rc2 with winxp. (so he cold really see linux work- I use it for {open}office documents) And since I have dsl here at work and dial up at home, that would be sweet if possible (I can't think of a problem. but it never hurts to ask)