MDK 9.2, my grumbles

Qchem

i had similar problems goin from 8.0 and up. 8.0 worked beutifully. detected all my hardware, no problem. since then, the higher versions dont like my ps2 mouse, so i switched to my trackball (usb). durring install my keyboard doesnt work, but after install it does.

i am running 9.2 cooker with some variations. i added kde 3.1.4 for 9.1 and some other stuff. i lost some stuff goin from 9.1 to 9.2 and i hope to get them back (apps, not documents. apps like knode).

After a good bit of googling I've found out that I need a slighlty different ALSA driver than the one that was detected. Unfortunately this driver isn't

one thats included in the Mandrake kernel.

>why do you need a firewall on a dial up anayway ???

Does this really need explaining?? Go on a dial up connection and check your firewall logs!!!

I had the same problems as you, but installing aumix fixed the soundcard problem. Also, adding urpmi sources for plf wouldn't work on the commandline, but went without a hitch from within rpmdrake. These issues fixed, I must say MDK9.2 has been really smooth. Installing libfreetype6 from plf makes a huge difference on the fonts in your browsers btw.

Seriously guys,

I massively recommend using shorewalls configs.

The Mandrake 9.1 one was SEVERELY FUBAR.

Unless you configuration fitted what the wizard was configured for it was really screwy.

I wasted days trying to modify what the wizard did to work how I wanted it.

Then I gownloaded the shorewall quickstart and 10 minutes later everything worked how i wanted it to.

I don't use it anymore because I changed to a dedicated router but if I ever use shorewall again (and its a great product) Ill be using their version.

Basically if you have 2 NIC's and you want to route across them BUT also use the machine as a normal PC then the wizard is PANTS!