Winex=WHERE?

Guest johnnyX

Or you could download from CVS and compile yourself....

Ofcourse this is not as easy as a RPM but, its with-out-charge.

There where some sites that had RPMs for WineX but, Transmeta emailed them to put down this as it was bad for their bussiness...

<cursing>transmeta</cursing>

Well, I'd get your internet straightened out first anyway, priorities man, priorities....

Anyway, if you search google it will take you all of 90 seconds to find the CVS version of Winex compiled and packaged up in am RPM. It lacks the commercial .dll's and some of the niceties, but it's there and it works mostly.

• 2 months later...

I have a question about the subscription price. Do I have to continue to pay the $5/month to continue to use it or is that just to be able to download updated rpms? In other words, can I just pay $5, download it and install it and then cancel my subscription?

Edited by Steve Scrimpshire

That's just to be able to download, but there is a minimum 3 month subscription. So, you can subscribe, download and cancle and for that you pay $15.00 and get the ability to download for 3 months and use for ever.

P.S. they recently released version 3.2

Or you could download from CVS and compile yourself....

Ofcourse this is not as easy as a RPM but, its with-out-charge.

There where some sites that had RPMs for WineX but, Transmeta emailed them to put down this as it was bad for their bussiness...

<cursing>transmeta</cursing>

What does Linus' former employer have to do with WineX?

i think he meant Transgaming.

anyways, the current CVS no longer resides on sourceforge. it's been moved to transgaming.org and i think you have to be a member to get access, but i'm not sure of that. it does have a password set i believe.