I did an apt-get upgrade all by myself !

null

apt-get vs. portage? For ease of use?

urpmi has kinda fallen behind, because it lacks some of the functions that apt-get and portage have... and because you have to download synthesis files when adding sources which, on a dial-up, can take half a day if you're doing a typical main + contrib + plf + update + texstar.

and because you have to download synthesis files when adding sources which, on a dial-up, can take half a day if you're doing a typical main + contrib + plf + update + texstar.
I d/k about portage, though I belive it's the same, but apt-get has to load/update sources.list. It's the nature of the beast. The app has to know what's on the server to know what's available, no?

Thanks rcxau! This is the best version of mplayer I've had yet! I think I'll be using it now more than xine or ogle.

Gnome2.4?.....I'm about half way there....dialup :roll:

Well, i personnaly know christian marillat (living in the same town)

You can trust his mplayer pacquages, as he is the official debian gnome maintener.

He has made a gnome 2.4, but debian doesn't want him to put them right now. They think it's too buggy ! (they better change the name of their "ustable" distribution !

I run sarge on my server and sid on one desktop, and i'm pissed off because sid doesn't have Xfree 4.3

Sid is far from cutting edge !

That's what make me try mandrake...

Thanks rcxau! This is the best version of mplayer I've had yet! I think I'll be using it now more than xine or ogle.

Gnome2.4?.....I'm about half way there....dialup :roll:

Well, i personnaly know christian marillat (living in the same town)

You can trust his mplayer pacquages, as he is the official debian gnome maintener.

He has made a gnome 2.4, but debian doesn't want him to put them right now. They think it's too buggy ! (they better change the name of their "ustable" distribution !

I run sarge on my server and sid on one desktop, and i'm pissed off because sid doesn't have Xfree 4.3

Sid is far from cutting edge !

That's what make me try mandrake...

Yeh well as youd know with debian, stable, is well old, and impossible to crash.

Unstable? More like recent. i get the latest version of gdesklets and other stuff within days of it's release. But i havent tried XFCE4 yet. THey have a version on the sid mirrors that requires Xfree4.3, but Sid only has 4.2.

bvc: no problem, there are heaps of great debian sources, those are the two I know.

James