A-Key (free security device) Linux support???

DOlson

I just got my free A-Key in the mail today (took a few weeks to get it) and it doesn't do squat in Linux...

You can order your own free A-Key from here: http://www.authenex.com/

I wrote in a support request about Linux, but no answer so far...

I was wondering if anyone else has heard of this, and if there was any way to utilize it in Linux? I'd write my own driver/software, if I knew how to program USB device drivers...

I started reading the PDF about writing USB device drivers... But we would need the protocol information about this thing, or we'd need to reverse engineer it... Either way, I don't think I will be able to do more than make a module that loads and picks up the device, if I can even do that... But I might just give it a try... Here's the output in dmesg, in case anyone wanted to see it:

hub.c: new USB device 00:07.2-2, assigned address 3

usb.c: USB device 3 (vend/prod 0x7a6/0x1580) is not claimed by any active driver.

Well, if we get a few people who want to start a sourceforge project or an icculus.org project (assuming Ryan approves the idea), then we could give it a go... but I don't know how useful I would be.