mdk9.1 installs 1st boot stop at finding module dependencies

Guest mhbell

Guest mhbell

Mandrake 9.1 installs fine but stops on the first bootup at (Finding Module dependencies) it just stays there and goes no further. Mdk 9.0 installs fine and does not have this problem. Any Ideas, Solutions? What to do now? Is there no standardization or consistancy with in the same Linux Distro? 9.0 works on 3 of my machines. Why won't 9.1? What is diffrerent. I have tried 2 different 9.1 sets purchased from different distributors. What is up with 9.1?

Very angry and frustrated?

Mel

:evil:

The most common cause of this symptom is usb devices, frequently zip usb devices. If you have them, don't connect until after boot up. I think there is a work around.

If this does not fit, would you give some more detail on your system components?

Assuming the install media checks out, I would venture a guess that a USB device is the cause here. I would unplug them for the install... then install all those updates that were issued afterwards and then go back to configuring your devices.

Guest mhbell
The most common cause of this symptom is usb devices, frequently zip usb devices. If you have them, don't connect until after boot up. I think there is a work around.

If this does not fit, would you give some more detail on your system components?

The only thing USB Connected is my Cannon printer which works fine with MDK 9.0 I will try what you say and see if this is the problem.

Mel

Guest mhbell

Tried as you suggested still no joy will probably wait for 9.2 release or go to SuSE 8.2

Here are my computer spec's

IWILL KK266-Raid MB I am not using the raid ports.

512 Mb Crucial 133 SDRam

AMD Athlon Tbird 1.4 Ghz CPU

raid (not being used at the time)

IDE-0 Maxtor 40 GB Ultra ATA 133 7200 RPM hard drive.

IDE-0 Secondary Zip 100 Drive.

IDE-1 primary Memorex 48x cd drive

IDE-1 Secondary HP CD Writer 9500 series

Realtek 8139A 10/100 ethernet card

Zoom External Serial port Modem

D-Link 704P Router Hub

Vastech 4 port KVM Switch

Cannon BJC2100 USB Printer

Generic S-3 Savage 4 32 Mb agp vid card.

Antec Case 400W Pwr Supply

try booting with the kernel parameter

nousb

or

noapic (though this could cause other probs, it's worth a shot).

I d/k what's up with 9.1. I'm ticked as well, for several reasons that I won't get into that like you, don't happen with 9.0. I've tried many different kernels and compiled kernels but 9.1 does not like some of my stuff :evil: . I have to boot with

noapic acpi=off

:roll: