Getting annoyed :x

Guest mahiles

Guest mahiles

Here's my situation.. I am on a dial up connection. ISP disconnects me every 2 hours. I want to download a 40 meg file but it can't manage it in 2 hours. Now normally I'm fine because I use mozilla and I can pause the download, get d/c, reconnect and then tell it to resume downloading. But theres one file where it won't resume! I click resume and it does nothing which is getting me very mad. I've tried a mirror site and it does the same thing :x

Is there any sites or does anyone know anyone who can split files online so the little people without high speed internet can download?

yes use a download manager

Some servers do not support resuming downloads in which case you would be out of luck.

wget from console

wget -c filepath

btw what a crappy ISP i assume you have no alteratives.

Konqueror has a built in resume feature. If you look at files it downloads it they have ".part" stuck on the end, this gets removed when the download is finished. If your download gets interrupted all you have to do is start it again and save to the smae directory, Konqueror will ask if you want resume or start from scratch.

Guest mahiles

Nope nothing works so the server but not like resuming :( No matter I'll get someone to split it up for me.. Well as far as I know I have no alternatives to my ISP, I'd get some form of high speed internet but I only live in a small town and as always we often get forgotten!

Thanks again for the suggestions..