FreeS/WAN ipsec vpn ...

paul

ok all you security freaks

I want to build a road warrior vpn setup ....

I've read thru shorewall about vpn, and I guess FreeS/WAN is what I will use, but I don't have any idea how to start.

I have a roaming laptop (winblows) that needs a vpn connection to 172.164.x.x

any idea where I should start ?

I am interested in that too... I ran VPN under windows but didn't have time or energy to get it going on Linux and the sys admin didn't offer any help or support. It was very pushbutton with proprietary software. Recently quit using VPN and went with SSH / SSL approach rather than fighting the battle. I wanted to get as far away from the IIS server mode as I could.

From what I have read, it is doable, but I couldn't find anyone more knowledgeable to help me get going either. I didn't have time to learn Linux let alone all the vpn protocols. :( Seems there are not too many on this list that are security-minded in that respect. (email/personal files/etc.) Too bad!

:cry:

I'll be watching with great interest as there are a couple Linux migration projects coming up that I'd love to get a VPN setup as a model of how to do it.

A late thought: Do the MNF docs offer any help? Will you run MNF and contact it via your Windoze laptop? Is that the setup you want?

:)