What package is needed for gtk+-2.0? [solved]

RVDowning

If I get the following error: No package 'gtk+-2.0' found, what is the package name that I need to install? I already have libgtk+2.0_0-2.14.3-2mdv2009.0.i586 installed.
The package name is gtk+2.0

I wonder if this is really worth it. Now it says "No package 'libglade-2.0' found" so I did a urpmi on libglade, but that didn't do it, so I did a urpmi on libglade-devel and still have the missing dependency. Maybe I should just learn to live without the other mouse buttons. I lose something else every time I upgrade a Mandriva distribution.

Do you have the corresponding "task-*" packages installed?

Generally, I found out it's useful to install the bash-completion package; after a re-login you can use the TAB key together with urpmi. Alternatively you could issue the urpmi command with a smaller part of the desired package, in which case you're presented a collection of possible hits for installing.

Something to help you:

urpmf --name gtk

for example will search for package names containing gtk. Replace gtk, with libdaemon like I did in the other post you have, and you'll be able to search for anything you're potentially missing ;)

Alternatively, you can also use the gui package manager to search for packages.

also, as it says at the top of that page, really consider whether you need to build whatever it is from source.

I was compiling btnx (http://www.ollisalonen.com/btnx/), a utility to enable mouse buttons on mice such as the Logitech MX Revolution. It is a great package but has no binary built for Mandriva, just ubuntu, opensuse, gentoo and arch linux. I've got it working now. :)