Jump to content
solarian

Lacie Network Space + Mandriva

Recommended Posts

Hi!

I think of purchasing Lacie Network Space, but I can't find anywhere if it's compatible with Mandriva or any other distro.

 

Have you tried LNS with Linux, do you need Windows to set it up, how does it work? :unsure:

I've never had a similar ethernet hd.

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like it works exactly like the IOMEGA drive I have and this is used via Linux too.

 

You have Windows shares which you can use to access from Windows machines or samba, and you also have ftp as well so you can use it via ftp too. I'm using via Windows machines and samba - or at least in the office where it's installed for backups. It's a 1TB NAS device but more or less the same as this Lacie one in terms of functionality.

 

If it's like the IOMEGA you configure it via a web browser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I would be able to read/write the network drive just like any local folder with no problems in Mandriva? I want to listen music from it too.

I've only used fish protocol and nxserver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

80% of these mini-NAS devices use a customized OpenBSD and a web interface for management, while the other 20% is using Linux.

Since it is an ethernet mini-NAS, I wouldn't worry at all- it's close to 100% probable that it will work with Linux without the singlest hiccup...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...