MDK 9.2 Beta's are showing up...

shen

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mkbiyer
I don't understand why MDK & RH are releaseing BETA's before kernel 2.6 or Gnome 2.4 and whatever KDE is working on.  There doesn't seem to be any major components that have been updated to warrant a new release???????????????????????????????????????

Agree fully with that. The best that they can probably put into this release is Mozilla 1.4, Evolution 1.4.3 & probably OpenOffice 1.1 RC (but maybe that'll be seen as too untested to make it to the distro for now)

:?:

Well so far I have noticed new packages for things like mozilla,evolution,Openoffice and such..Nothing major that I have tried or noticed yet..:) Although the installer was a tad buggy for me.. Tried the pick and choose packages install and I couldn't select nor deselect individual packages..Other then that I haven't noticed much difference and it comes with KDE 3.1.3...:)

Is it just software version diff's or is there any major changes to the control center or OS otherwise?
I'll let you know after I install it :) (of course ;-) )

but I would assume there are some noticeable differences somewhere.

in all honesty, i think they should have waited till 10.0 for the new install that they put in 9.1, but hopefully it will be fixed and more polished...

Eh the installer is definately buggy..:) I should have lots of things to send to MDK today..:)

Major thing I found and would be curious if others have this issue. When you get to the package group selection phase and click "Individual Package Selection" and click next can you select and deselect individual packages such as open office and so forth..

the update/upgrade option does not work. all it appears to have done is added some boot options to lilo, none of which appear to be the new kernel.

off to do a full reinstall...