Video comparisons in Mandrake, Redhat, Arch, Gentoo, etc.

the kernel has very little to do with it and no, gnome isn't gnome. It can be altered>compiled>and distributed just like any other app/DE/wm. It has it's own libs that work with X in its own way and this can be altered. :wink: just like XFree86. We don't know what they've done to them if anything do we?

Um, Ok  :screwy: 

I really don't see a reason for me to make that up, do you?  I didn't spend the night 

A + B x C / D - E = Y = FPS 

To feel good about my self.

:banghead:

I wasn't making any assumptions about you at all, actually. I was questioning whether the systems were doing something screwy - and asking why in the world anyone would need 18,000 fps.

Um, Ok  :screwy: 

I really don't see a reason for me to make that up, do you?  I didn't spend the night 

A + B x C / D - E = Y = FPS 

To feel good about my self.

:banghead:

I wasn't making any assumptions about you at all, actually. I was questioning whether the systems were doing something screwy - and asking why in the world anyone would need 18,000 fps.

I was just messing with you qnr, sorry if that came off bad.

I don't know why it is running fast, I can't complain though.

s'ok, I knew what you meant - just wanted to ensure that what I had said wasn't misinterpreted.

Must be nice :) I get about 400 fps with mine, but I have four different video cards that I use for video, and rarely for games.

Edit: corrected typo

the kernel has very little to do with it and no, gnome isn't gnome. It can be altered>compiled>and distributed just like any other app/DE/wm. It has it's own libs that work with X in its own way and this can be altered. :wink: just like XFree86. We don't know what they've done to them if anything do we?

I was isolating the driver question - which means that gnome (in most cases) will be gnome (in the way it utilises the capabilities of the graphics card) and kernel modules will be very similar for the nvidia drivers. right?

The only thing the driver is going to do with this issue is if you use the "DigitalVibrance" option for the nvidias in the X config file, which works quite nicely I might add.

Gnome is going to use XFree86 not the card, and both can be hacked. I don't know what you mean by "kernel modules". I'm not an XFree86 expert my any means, but I think qnr was on to something with xgamma, in that there're many things the RH devel could do to effect the overall look of X. What?... is the question.