Can i burn the MDK9.1 CD1 ISO to a CD-RW??

iphitus

I didn't buy it.

Early Last year i had to see a dental surgeon to have some teeth removed. In a consultation before the operation my interest in computers came up. He started talking about linux and wgatever and said he'd give me some discs. On the day of the operation he gave me cds of MDK8.2, Redmond Linux and PEanut Linux along with LXF December 2000. He was the person who introduced me to linux and Mandrake as well. I'd heard of Linux, and i probably would have tried it at some stage, probably red hat though. I didn't get to use those discs until early this year. Now i'm using MDK9.1 & LFS 4.1.

Anyway that's my story................

James

Very hard to find here in the US.

Not so hard for me. I can pick it up at Borders any day. It's $13.99US there I think, though. I can't find the DVD issues, though. Are they separate by any chance?

Depends on where you live. No Borders in this area, for example. The Borders in Reno didn't have any, neither did the Barnes & Noble, or Best Buy (didn't have a chance to check out any smaller outfits).

It was sometimes available at the Borders in Bangor (Maine), but normally, they'd only get 5 copies, and if you weren't there when they came in, you were out of luck.

Locally, here in Winnemucca (Nevada), one supermarket carries Linux Magazine, and they only get 2 copies a month., and that's the only Linux option available.

I was actually surprised to see it here in my small town ( ~60,000, even with ~ 21,000 students at USU). There are 2 separate stores in Logan that I can get LXF at (same price at each) along with a lot of other Linux magazines and books. It's really nice.