new linux apps?

ezroller

I usually search for a while to find what I'm looking for - that is to say I found gaim after searching for "linux msn" and checking features and screenshots, etc. Krusader is my fave file manager, and I found that by searching for "linux norton commander" and so on. So it really goes by what I'm looking to find.

hey dardack: If you're into MMORGs see about planeshift - also free...

Guest dardack

Static:

Got a web address, kinda feeling lazy, hell i'll prolly be lazy from right now on, on vacation until the 14th. SWEEEET. and AHHHHHHHHH. and Damn dog driving me crazy. :twisted:

So yea a MMORPG that's free would be great. Looked at StarWars galaxies (well ya know favorite universe in this universe, sigh good ol days of being brought by my parents to my first movie....snap outta it....no more good star wars movies now.... :( ) but looks too buggy, no space craft now, and $15 a month, come on nuts people, nuts. (I aint even gonna pay tivo $13, that's why i recommend mythtv.org). ahh ol well, i'm rambling.

Anyways...

Well don't know bout anyone else, i visit freshmeat.net and sourceforge.net

specially like the vega strike game project on sourceforge.net

http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net

very commercial looking.  recommend it.

Don't mention that till 0.4.0 is released, hopefully soon. Then they will be hooked.

Looked at StarWars galaxies (well ya know favorite universe in this universe, sigh good ol days of being brought by my parents to my first movie....snap outta it....no more good star wars movies now.... :( ) but looks too buggy, no space craft now, and $15 a month, come on nuts people, nuts.
It's no good. I beta tested it, and I used to be a heavy EverQuest player (had my own guild on Ayonnae Ro-Blades of Time) and EQ certainly beats it (and I'm a big star wars fan too).

planeshift looks kickarse, i'm gonna download it... (I think we should mirror the linux client, but anon would have to consent to it...)

Guest dardack

ok static i officially hate you. well i'm sure my wife will pretty soon. That game looks kick aucking fss. I'm sure i'll be hooked and with vacation oh damn i might be in the dog house soon. hehe :twisted: oh well.

Doesn anyone succeed in running planeshift???

I tried to run it. I ubntarred it and tried to run it, . Even did a ldconfig to the directory I think, but it still was saying it was missing some 3d stuff-shared libraries....Just my question..Did you succeed in running it and how???

thanks

Guest dardack

OK sorry been away, one that question should be asked on the planeshift forums, second if you go to the forums and under the technical forum you can get instructions for installing it in linux.

Lastly, i was able to get it to run in Mandrake (but with some problems) but would always get a segmentation fault. I installed Red Hat on a small partition and ran the build.sh file in the forums and it installed perfectly and ran perfectly (ok a bit slow but hey). So have no idea what the problem is but Mandrake doesn't seem to install everything from the CVS's for some reason. Very wierd. But hey, got it working in RedHat.

Peace