Web Browser Preferences

Andrewski

Thanks Boo Yah. It worked when I cleaned out all caches. I'm posting in Links text mode.

I may look into Mozilla Firebird. Is it as fast as Opera 7.11? I have the basic Mozilla and used it for six months.

Been out of town this weekend. Haven't looked into twilbright yet.

One thing I haven't got to work in Links is to select text from web site and paste into text editor via wheel button(middle button). This is nice feature available on Mozilla and Opera. Has anyone got this copy routine to work in Links? Thanks.

Hold down shift while dragging the mouse

Edit: As far as I know, this grabs on a line-by-line basis, so if there are unrelated columns, you'll get them too

Real men and women use Links!

bjc,

After you login, you have to flush your cache and reload the message/forum, then you'll be able to post.  I haven't figured out the copy thing either, or I would've quoted you.

I like the way graphic links looks, but other than the program itself loading faster, I don't think it's any quicker than MozFirebird.

See above on the copying....

I agree about the graphical version in X, however, it's nice having a graphical webbrowser without X, since Links-twibright uses the framebuffer.

Guest BooYah

qnr, Still no go on the terminal copy method. I can paste it elsewhere but not into back into links.

rcxau,

Links may not have tabs but fluxbox does!:cheeky:

qnr:

The copy method you proposed using shift and drag worked for me. Then I pasted into emacs with wheel on mouse. It's great. Thanks a lot.