Power Pack

Andrewski

Andrewski: all the software on the power pack should be available for download from the MDK club. and then some.

i've never used it, but it seems like a good idea. the only thing i've heard, as has been stated, is that the forums suck.

but that's ok, 'cuz you can always come here with your questions.

Listen dude - let me sum it up - linux rocks. There is a learning curve of about a month 'til you're comfortable with it, but mandrake 9.1 is the shit. Everything you wanted your PC to do is more or less possible. I'm running the downloaded 9.1 only, no club software either, and I watch downloaded movies, dvds, use openoffice and dia, copy cds, browse the net, play games, listen to music, and do my laundry. OK, so I made up that last one, but I'm sure there's an embedded linux solution for that too.

Check out the "software equivalents" thread in tip & tricks. There's a list I made and a link by cannonfodder for all the software you'll need to finally be content with a stable, secure PC. Also check out the link under my list to DOlson's page, his page has awesome tutorials, lists of amazing free 3D games, and HOWTOs to install UT and quake 3 and much more. I say read the command line tutorial, download mandrake 9.1, use it for a month, then decide between the power pack and mdkclub.

Static,

Wow, thanks for the post. Somebody had to put their foot down...! ...or something. :)

I hear at MIT that there actually is an embedded solution; they email you when your laundry is done. Computers are good things, yeah, but... wow... crazy.

DOh when I was refering to mdk club wasn't meant about the downloads...I meant the support forums.. Sorry I didn't make that post clear enough my fault..:( Anyways the software on mdk club is outstanding...but I just joined so I haven't had to to really sift thru it all..:) I think it's worth it just to support the company..

Hi,

Im just going to post some info about copying, and passing (or what ever) Linux-Mandrake Powerpack to friends and such.

I have, the Linux-Mandrake 7.2 Powerpack Deluxe, i got it real cheap becouse the MDK 8.1 was just released when i got it, so although it was a bit outdated, its was the POWERPACK and even more, DELUXE edition!

And well, i just wanted to say this:

HELL ITS WORTH THE MONEY!

I now use MDK9.1 but i still give some use to the soft that came on each of the SEVEN CDS included.

Besides the incredible amount of software the pack comes with, and that you are supporting the company to keep on the good work, and you get a cool Linux Box, and its half the price of its 'arch-enemy', YOU GET SOME GREAT QUALITY PRINTED USER REFENCE MANUALS, a MDK user one and a linux user one.

About giving (or getting) it away, yo can not give/get the hole packeage, nor copy the print books for any commercial use. Also some software as sayd by someone, is commercial soft, so it can not be given freely, for example, IBMs Via Voice, or StarOffice 6....

But every piece of open AND free soft, can be given away at any time at your pleasure.

Hope it helps.