Mandrake Updates

Guest anon

Actually it's not necessary because you will have provided the BULK of them (300MB)......we dialup'ers can get the (hopefully) few here and there that are released from here on out. It's a good thing cuz we all know how lazy you are :mystismiles: Thanks again, slacker! :wink:

anyone here have any experience with mkisofs? that's what i'm attempting to use to make the iso, but it doesn't seem to like the long file names of the RPMs....is there a better program? or, does anyone know the right switches to fix this? i've tried a few with no luck...

my last attempt was this:

mkisofs -allow-lowercase -allow-multidot -J -o mdkupdates.iso /mnt/cdrom

any ideas?

nevermind....

what i wanted was this:

-max-iso9660-filenames

just needed to hunt some more i guess :oops:

now to get the rest of the switches i need...

(I see you RTMF'd on the iso stuff...)

I'd be willing to do a European 'Physical Mirror' now I have my DSL. I know what its like not having internet at home for Mandrake.

I also ftp'd the whole texstar and plf ISO for rc1.

I guess we would want permission from them to resend it.

I'd be willing to do it on a provide the Cd and stamped addressed envelope. You won't get the original Cd back, more likely the one the last person sent.

Ideally a nice noobie utility to add the sources would be nice sice a lot of the people needing this might be newbies ?????

Ideas ???

got the ISO made with yesterdays updates, see that post i referenced for a couple solutions on making ISO's.

Gowator: i have a readme file on the CD which sort of explains how to do it, but the directions are pretty horrible (as I don't have MDK installed to test them on) so I need someone to look over them and correct them. i figure no need to write a new utility, it's better to teach the people how to use the already provided tools.

not sure what exactly you mean by this:

I'd be willing to do it on a provide the Cd and stamped addressed envelope. You won't get the original Cd back, more likely the one the last person sent.

anyways, i plan to write up a nice simple bash script to run as a cron that will download all new updates, write an iso, and then upload the iso to the server anon provided a link to. doing it nightly should work out well, I think. i just gotta learn how cron works ;-) (never used it)