Thinking of buying a Clie

SoulSe

im here to make it harder for SoulSe to decide. :twisted:

Thanks :huh: but I think I have decided on the Clie. I personally enjoy the Palm OS software and it syncs just fine with Linux. I looked at PDAs running Linux, but none of them had all the cool features of the Clie and I think some work needs to be done before a really good Linux based PDA comes out (in this price bracket anyway).

Actually, I've been reading up on the Zaurus and it looks great.

It is technically superior to the Clie SJ33, although it lacks some of the cool features that the Clie has, but it is way more expensive (that site offering them for $200 won't ship to South Africa, and if it did it would cost too much in postage anyway). It seems to cost $380 everywhere else, so it doesn't fall into the price range I am looking at.

I found a good review on ZDnet: read it

In it's price range, the SJ33 wins.

I have a friend of who has an SJ33. Other than its smallish size (which is perfect for her) and 16 MB memory, it seems to be similar to other palm based pda out there. It seems to be pretty easy to use and flexible enough for me, but I never tried hooking it up to linux yet to check for compatibility. But since it's palmOS based, I don't think it will have many problems.