How to install external devices

william

I have a SB Extigy too, but I've been workin' my ass off lately and haven't had time to mess with getting it going, but I intend to Google around and work on it more soon. I got as far as downloading Cochran's Extigy driver from his website but couldn't get it compiled and installed.

For what it's worth, I do know that he says he uses his driver with OSS 'cause ALSA sound is terrible, and hasn't even tried his Extigy with ALSA, so trying to get it going with ALSA may be an excercise in frustration.

The remote has at least some funtionality and the mic input works, but it will only output stereo - no multi-channel output. No matter to me, I only want the mic input and stereo anyway.

If anyone can tell William & I how to compile & install the Exitgy driver (in cake-recipe style) I would REALLY be interested! The Extigy is a nice sound "card". An external is the way to go for hookup flexibility and really good sound - gets the analog stuff out of the computer with all it's electronic "noise". Running it in Windows (ACK!), the Extigy really makes stuff sound nice.

Anyone with the answer gets dinner and drinks on me if you get to Kansas City...