9.1 and USB Keyboard question

liquidzoo

Has anyone installed Mandtake 9.1 with a USB keyboard? I know that the keyboard itself will work, but I'm wondering if it will work in the installer. My keyboard didn't work in the install of 9.0, had to dig out an old ps/2 keyboard for the install; but I've since gotten rid of that keyboard and I want to upgrade to 9.1. Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on this. Thanks

I have a usb mouse as well, the funny thing is that I've never had a problem with it, going all the way back to 8.0, during the install. I just had that damned keyboard problem with 9.0. I'm glad to hear that it works. I can't wait to give 9.1 a try.

In 9.0, the USB hub was not recoginzed because it wasnt attached during install, so my mouse wouldn't work until I plugged it directly into the machine'es hub.

Just finished installing 9.1 today, and even my memory key is there! Yee haw! I really hate having to have everything attached during install or nothing ever gets detected...

good luck

R

Well, I am in the process of installing 9.1 on my desktop right now. I'm a little afraid that the keyboard isn't going to work, though. I couldn't change the names of some of the mount points on my windows disk. No big deal. I know it's being recognized simply because the mouse is plugged into it and it (the mouse) is working just fine. I'll know here in a minute because I'll have to enter the root password and create my user (doing a full install, not upgrade). I guess if it doesn't work, I'll head out to WalMart or Fred Meyer and buy a cheap ps/2 keyboard. I tried a ps/2 - usb converter, but that didn't work. I'll post my findings on my particualr machine when I get it all installed.

• 1 month later...