Is it possible....?

Mandriva-user

anon

Why do you think you need two firewalls ??

Because one of them doesn`t support then others for protecting your computer.

Anyway I have nothing to hide on my computer but the crackers can take my computer under control.

So that is the answer so I can protect my computer very well.

anon

Sorry, i don't really understand your reply. Anyway, Shorewall will run OK alongside Firestarter. But i believe Bastille will not run OK with Firestarter.

There are ofcourse others.

A popular way to check your firewall is this site :https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

First firewall:

Well if you see what is not supporting saying port 1- 2000 and the rest it supporting it.

Ok,know

Second firewall:

Well if you see what is supporting saying port 1-2000 and the rest it will not supporting it.

Ok,know

I hope you understand me.

So you or me will install both firewall if is getting along with out interference.

I hope you are not :? know do you understand me:?: :) :D :wink:

The users with the greatest risk of being hijacked are those with high speed internet access turned on 24/7 with a static IP address, although it is remotely possible for others . Some firewalls support a limited range of ports in the low numbers because these are the ones that are the most freqently compromised, so it is silly to put in a second firewall that does the same thing and risk the interference with each other reducing your protection in the process. In any case, because the firewalls for Mandrake Linux can be configured to block what ever ports you want since they are basically graphic front-ends to the basic firewall, iptables. One properly configured firewall will meet your needs. Beyond the issue of firewalls in control of permissions. Look up old docs right here at the top of the page to learn about them.

I suggest you spend some time on Google looking up such things as vulnerable ports and then you can decide what you need to block. If you are running a single user machine with the only a network connection to the Internet, your needs will not be what is necessary for multiple networked machines. There are a number of helpful How-To's on your desktop under documentation and there are many sites on the Internet that discuss security and firewall issues in detail. http://www.thlp.org and http://www.linuxsecurity.com.

Counterspy

btw this thread has a really bad topic, in fact, a lot of the security ones have lately.  might wanna work on that.

You noticed that also? We seem to have gone from "How do I secure..." to "How can I strike back and be as bad as...: Human nature I guess, unfortinuatly.

btw this thread has a really bad topic, in fact, a lot of the security ones have lately.  might wanna work on that.

You noticed that also? We seem to have gone from "How do I secure..." to "How can I strike back and be as bad as...: Human nature I guess, unfortinuatly.

haha how about posts like, "it broke!" or "help me!"