No sound with Flash 6 plugin

Guest SDMF

Flux is JUST a wm....what apps do you use?.....gtk, qt, or both? There are gtk apps that require gnome libs and esd, and when you start them they start esd and the gnome libs. Galeon is one of them. What happened? I don't exactly know but I'm glad you got it working.....and you thought you were gnome/kde free because you used flux :wink: heck, you can use fluxbox as gnomes wm instead of metacity....it's just a wm.

As far as I know, I don't use anything that requires Qt, but I use quite a few GTK apps, such as The GIMP and GAIM. The thing is, I had sound in other GTK apps before, so I don't know what clicking in that one box did.

Mozilla 1.3 is a GTK application, the one on Mandrake 9.1 is actually compiled against GTK-2.0+.

Ahh, that explains it.

I don't run any KDE apps, in fact I keep my system KDE-free, so arts is not running.

For future reference though, how can I force Mozilla to use esd, or is that the default?

Since moz is centered around gtk, I'd guess it actually looks for esd b4 arts but you'd have to google or look at the moz-devel site to find out. Are you running the moz2 (for gnome2/gtk2) or whatever it is? Isn't there one specifically for gnome2 not just gtk2? If so, could be that it looked at the sound server setting in Preferences. Just guessing though.

Are you running the moz2 (for gnome2/gtk2) or whatever it is?

Not quite sure what you are referring to. I actually have the 1.4 beta version of Mozilla now. I am still running 9.0 so I don't have this specifically GTK2-linked version that zero0w was referring to. I just downloaded versions 1.3 and 1.4b off of mozilla.org and used the installer.

Guest arnold

if you get sound with some applications, but not others,

killall artsd (as root)

this will result in plugin/mpg123 sound, others not.

want others back? -start artsd as shown above