nvidia geforce4 Ti4200 drivers

Guest nick2003

Guest nick2003

hello - could someone please point me in the right direction on where to get drivers for my video card for mandrake 9.1 and kde3.1, ive been to the nvidia website but theres like 3 diffrent kinds, i have a amd athlon xp cpu. and how do i install drivers for this linux please? thanks

From the Nvidia website:

STEP 4: Install  

Type "sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4363.run" to install the driver.

See the README (text | PDF) for more detailed instructions. If you have any questions or problems, please check the linux discussion forum. If you don't find an answer to your question there, you can send email to linux-bugs@nvidia.com.

Hope this helps you out. Welcome to Linux. Browse the pages here and you will learn a lot. answers to all (or most) of your questions about Linux can be found here.

Guest nick2003

thanks i got it to run, said i needed some software so i installed it now the only thing is it tells me that i have x server runing and i half to disable it, ive searched the fourm and read the readme and cant find how to disable it