Problems with roller mouse

Guest dlmazzo

Guest dlmazzo

I've recently RE-installed Mandrake 8.2 on my machine in order to get the latest NVidia (GeForce4) drivers installed (that's a long story). Anyway, I lost the "roller" ability of my mouse. When I try to reconfigure (with drakconf) it notices all the buttons, but not the roller (even the "button" under the roller). I know it works (it has in the past) but I've screwed up the install somehow. Most of my problems were getting X back up and running so that might be a clue...

Thanks for any help!

Guest dlmazzo

Yes, I'm talking about scrolling. I previously had my Xemacs working correctly (via MouseButton4 and 5) so that I could scroll. But before that, I had normal scrolling even in a terminal window by moving the mouse roller. Somehow on the last re-install -- video driver update -- I lost sensitivity to this from the mouse. :cry:

For me what I have to do is go into mouse config area select ps/2 wheel mouse, and DON'T MOVE THE MOUSE!!! roll your ball up and down till it responds and then you can move mouse and click buttons, I don't know why mdk hasn't fixed the bug since they obviously know of it.

Guest dlmazzo

Hi - thanks for your responses. I found a good mouse resource on the web (on another computer so I don't have the URL), but all I needed was

Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

under the Section "InputDevice".

That's it! :D