Kylix3 and Mandrake 9.1

Has anyone managed to compile with Kylix3 on Mandrake9.1??

I had kylix working fine with MDK9.0 but with 9.1 when I try to compile the simplest app using stdio.h I get all sorts of linker errors.

From the Borland newsgroups some people have fixed this by re ordering the include and lib search paths. This has no effect for me. Also I read that later versions of glibc are incompatible and that for Red Hat at least you can install "compat" libs.

Finally, no one on the Borland newsgroups seems to have got Kylix compiling with MDK9.1 so, has anyone here had any luck?

Thanks,

Mike

9.1 uses glibc 2.3.1 so you would have to wait for kylix to support it, or regress to an older version of mandrake.

Changing glibc version in 9.1 would break things badly i suspect.

But of course because it's linux there maybe a hack somewhere that may address the problem.. or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure why, but mine worked right away. Installed 9.1. Two days later without having really touched the 9.1 install, added kylix 3 open first shot. Wish I had a suggestion, I'd love to see kylix programming really take off.

• 1 month later...
Guest Hans Van der Veken

got all linker errors, and the solution of placing the /usr/inlcude in front worked fine for the time.h lib, but the linker errors remained

example:

Build

[Linker Error] Unresolved external 'setlocale' referenced from /home/hans/kylix3/lib/debug/rtl.a|System.o

[Linker Error] Unresolved external 'pthread_getspecific' referenced from /home/hans/kylix3/lib/debug/rtle.a|SysInit.o

[Linker Error] Unresolved external 'raise' referenced from /home/hans/kylix3/lib/debug/rtl.a|System.o

[Linker Error] Unresolved external 'write' referenced from /home/hans/kylix3/lib/debug/rtl.a|System.o

anybody any solution,

greets

HVDV

I had major problems with Kylix3 the other day. I did manage to get it going by installing as root. I found that running a terminal and su to root would hang the install after the dependancy check. I tried as me and it installed but could not link all files. The only way it worked was to totally restart and log in as root, then run the setup script. You need to put the reg text in 'your' home folder and it should run for 'you'

Still haven't spent to much time with it. But, heres what has happened.

In Delphi, everything works fine. I can run programs in the IDE, compile them and run them stand alone.

In C++ however, I have errors running programs in the IDE.

So right now, I'm working a solution.......