Supermount Audio CD Problem

pmpatrick

Supermount won't work for audio CDs but works fine for data CDs. If I put an audio CD in I get the same error message I would get when no CD is present. I know from reading the posts on this board that there are a lot of issues with supermount. Audio CDs played fine when I initially installed MD 9.0; it just suddenly stopped working. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, I tried disabling supermount in mcc and mounting an audio cd in the console but got an error message telling me to designate the file system type. What file type should be designated for audio CDs ?

Thanks for your suggestions. Still can't get the thing to work. Here's what my research has revealed. Spiedra, you are correct that you should not attempt to mount an audio cd( see: http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/CDROM-HOWTO/x289...9.html#AEN1008).

All programs which attempt to read an audio cd report no audio cd present. When I disable supermount in mcc and reboot supermount loads again despite the fact that I ticked the save changes tab. My conjecturre is that supermount is interfering with audio cd detection by attempting to mount the device when an audio cd is present. I also recall that when I first installed MD 9, it would take Konqueror nearly 30 sec. to list the fies in /mnt which I understand to be part of the supermount problem. At some point that behavior totally disappeared and I could access /mnt without delay; my suspicion is that at the same time I probably lost audio cd capability.Bottom line is I don't really need to play audio CDs as my entire music collection is already ripped to mp3s so I'm not going to mess with this anymore until a fix for supermount comes out. Thanks again for your help.

• 5 weeks later...

I know,I know well I press the wrong key Is it the same way with zip drive to supermount -i disable.I try to safe large files and it crashes?

Thank you for help . :wink:

I found the best way to tackle this problem (for me) was to edit my fstab file.

# gedit /etc/fstab

Look for the line concerning your CD-Rom and delete "supermount" then save your fstab (might be a good idea to back it up somewhere first).

Then restart your computer (doh! there goes the up time!)

After that you have to mount your cd every time, which I find is better, because the supermount that came with MDK 9 has given me big troubles.