please help with wireless

Guest buyaka

hello

just install mandriva one 2008 yesterday but i have a problem with wireless.Mandriva detected it auto "broadcom corp bcm94311mcg wlan mini-pci " so i configured it thro mcc and "setup a new net..... " and its seems to work with bcm43xx and ndiswrapper when i install both "bcmwl5.sys " - ndiswrapper and "bcml5.sys" - for bcm43xx.(the drivers got direct from acer site).

to the point, i have to do this everytime i boot the computer.how can i do to get only the drivers needed and set it auto?

the other question is: the mandriva which i have is "i586" but i have amd64 bits (amd turion 64x2) computer.is it a good idea to use "i586" or i need to install mandriva free _86x64?

thank you for your replies

dmesg

bcm43xx: core_up for active 802.11 core failed (-95)

bcm43xx: Microcode rev 0x15f, pl 0x75 (2006-06-10 00:12:21)

bcm43xx: Firmware: no support for microcode extracted from version 4.x binary drivers.

diswrapper version 1.47 loaded (smp=yes)

ndiswrapper: driver bcmwl5 (Broadcom,06/25/2006, 4.80.28.7) loaded

ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:01:00.0[A] -> Link [LK2E] -> GSI 22 (level, high) -> IRQ 17

PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:01:00.0 to 64

ndiswrapper: using IRQ 17

wlan0: ethernet device 00:19:7e:23:2c:03 using NDIS driver: bcmwl5, version: 0x4501c07, NDIS version: 0x501, vendor: 'NDIS Network Adapter', 14E4:4311.5.conf

wlan0: encryption modes supported: WEP; TKIP with WPA, WPA2, WPA2PSK; AES/CCMP with WPA, WPA2, WPA2PSK

usbcore: registered new interface driver ndiswrapper

ndiswrapper: changing interface name from 'wlan0' to 'eth0'

udev: renamed network interface wlan0 to eth0

ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not ready

ndiswrapper: device eth0 removed

• 2 months later...

Can't you use bcm43x-firmwarecutter, i've a broadcom 4306 w-lan and de-installed ndiswrapper. Also did rmmod ndiswrapper in the console (as root).

Then i got to the networksection and choose wireless and the option

broadcom corporation bcm43...

put the cd from broadcom in the cd-player and searched for the *.sys file.

Clarification:

The bcm43xx driver and the ndiswrapper program with windows drivers are two different ways to do the same thing. But, bcm43xx will interfere with ndiswrapper. This means you should choose one method or the other. Having both is just trouble.

If you choose ndiswrapper, black list bcm43xx so that it will not interfere. If you wish to use bcm43xx, then uninstall ndiswrapper.

I have used ndiswrapper for years without any problems. Most of the time, if one has to reinstall or reinitialize, it is because both methods are trying to do the same thing in the system. It is the same in a windows system. If both the windows utility and the manufacturers utility attempt to run the wireless, the end result is no connection! Use one method.

The cutter is only needed if the windows driver is not already available.