Automount

Guest news-blitz

Guest news-blitz

Hello,

I'm new to Mandriva, I installed it today and it auto-mounts system:/media/hda and says it's an Audio CD, but when I open it, it says

Unknown error. If you have a cd in the drive try running cdparanoia -vsQ as yourself (not root). Do you see a track list? If not, make sure you have permission to access the CD device. If you are using SCSI emulation (possible if you have an IDE CD writer) then make sure you check that you have read and write permissions on the generic SCSI device, which is probably /dev/sg0, /dev/sg1, etc.. If it still does not work, try typing audiocd:/?device=/dev/sg0 (or similar) to tell kio_audiocd which device your CD-ROM is.

There is no media/hda, and I don't know what's wrong.

Please help.

Thank You!

[moved from Software by spinynorman - welcome aboard :)]

Guest news-blitz

The last one available, I downloaded it yesterday. I used Ubuntu, openSUSE and now Mandriva, the / partition was formated but the /home partition remained the same all the time not being formated.

Edited by news-blitz

It seems your HAL daemon is misbehaving.

An audioCD cannot be mounted at all, anyway (audio CD's have no filesystem, so they are not mountable, unless you use a virtual filesystem - say KDE's "audiocd:/").

Did you update your udev/hal/dbus/pmount to the latest available versions?

And - more important: does it happen if you switch to Gnome, XFCE4, Icewm or any other desktop environment?

Edited by scarecrow

Guest news-blitz
Did you update your udev/hal/dbus/pmount to the latest available versions?

Explain please.

And - more important: does it happen if you switch to Gnome, XFCE4, Icewm or any other desktop environment?

Should I install Gnome?