How can i disable auto eject on my dvd-rw drive

edc

Please help, auto ejecting is killing me! I have case with door and every time mandriva needs something from installation dvd, cd-tray hits in my case door! Please help me to disable this annoying feature! I don't even know why this feature exists, is it so hard to press button when i need to insert cd in to device?

I assume your either using rpmdrake or urpmi.

What I tend to do on my own systems is install Mandriva from the dvd for the desktop or from the boot.iso for my laptop and once get to my desktop and verify that I have internet I add online repositories, http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/ is a very good resource for picking out the mirrors I want to use. To use the repositories I oppen a root terminal session and type

urpmi.removemedia -a

to remove all of my local sources a.k.a. dvd sources. Then copy and past from easyurpmi and my resources are online and no longer rely on disk media. Saves me from hunting up my dvd everytime plus I have access to a bit more packages.

To update my sources all I need to do is go to a root terminal session and type

urpmi.updatemedia -a

Then type

urpmi --auto-select