My 15 month old son's distro of choice!

ianw1974

My son has already made his choice of distro at 15 months old.

OK, maybe it was the fact that I had this baseball cap and no other that kind of didn't give him much else of a choice! :D

post-10327-1190876226_thumb.jpg

My son has already made his choice of distro at 15 months old.

OK, maybe it was the fact that I had this baseball cap and no other that kind of didn't give him much else of a choice! :D

Cool

My daughter 5 is into Mandy Spring.. Likes the new Background...

Start them early, It will help when we get older and need help with the setting of the time on the Recorder..

My 15 month old son also loves computers...well...computer keyboards and the mouse to be exact.... the other week I got an old throw away keyboard from a computer shop, and he loves it! It's gotten old to him now, but for the first few weeks he would grab my finger, pull me away from my keyboard and over to his... the old mouse we gave him has had it's time being pulled by it's tail all over the house now... I love my boy...

Aye, my boy has a tendency to grab the keyboard while you're working on it. Or even pull the keys of your laptop keyboard. Lucky they go back on. Disconnected one mouse from a computer since he could get at it too easily. Most of my mice are infra-red or laser wireless jobbies, so they are OK. Unless of course he picks it up and walks off with it. Then I've got to find the damn thing :)

Cool

My daughter 5 is into Mandy Spring.. Likes the new Background...

Start them early, It will help when we get older and need help with the setting of the time on the Recorder..

I remember him being four months old or so and was in awe watching one of my Gentoo machines compiling. Couldn't get him away from it. :D

I have to wonder in the end if this is a good thing... we don't have a tv here, and aren't planning on getting one... how different is a computer though? Still planning on giving our son the old laptop, with some version of linux installed, for him to play around with when he's old enough. Will have to balance it with plenty of time outdoors, backpacking through the bush (what we call forest and such in Australia), and spending time as active as possible. After all, it's us they're imitating. Ah well, the mumblings of an over-enthusiastic parent... he's not even one and a half yet...lol.

I find a balance of everything is better than complete exclusion from an item.

TV can be good for some things and you can get a couple of educational movies on VCD - DVD to help with their education.

On the computer the earlier they understand the basics the better also they have a sponge for a brain so it absorbs everything.

Just dont let the little Australians or English use that horrible word COLOR..

I agree the 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme is soo cool..

I had her playing with Gcompis as soon as possible. Now she can open the browser go to the bookmarks and select the sites she likes. (Cannot read yet..) Then play with barbie, Poo, And other educational sites i found.

She prints and waits patiently for the images to come out so she can colour them in...

She has less fear of the computer than some people in the office..