Anyone using ATI RAGE FURY PRO?

linXbox4you

I have one of these cards with S-VID out and VIVO and am thinking about installing it on my box with MD 9.0. I have a GeForce 2 in the machine right now.

Will I have to do anything besides just shut down remove the old card and install the new one and restart? Does anyone know if there is an RPM package for the drivers? I have already searched google and just got more confused. This is one area where I feel Linux needs serious work. I know it is because of the way gaphics are done with XFree but there has to be a way to simplify it. :?

Thanks for the help!

No problem, I don't boot into X automatically anyway. I haven't found any drivers yet, but I checked the Mandrake hardware compatablilty list and the card is on the "known hardware" category so it should work I would think.

Rage Pro is a pretty old card isn't it? It should be supported in Mandrake 9.0. Check using XFdrake and try to see if the driver is in there, under the ATI section. I just checked that it is supported in 9.1 at least.

Been thinking about going to 9.1 anyway so it would be good that the card is supproted. Maybe I should just change the card and then immediately do the 9.1 install and the card should be detected and set up. Of course I'll run a tape backup before I do all this, even if it takes 7 or 8 hours :lol: