qt headers

Hi

I'm trying to install kofiice-1.6.3, but under the configure command I get this error:

checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.3 and < 4.0) (headers and libraries) not found. Please check your installation!

What do I need to install?

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

try to install the qt-devel packages

Thanks, that did the trick.

And it was not the only thing I had to install ;) Next time I will install a new pc with Mandriva I won't forget to choose "development", when I come to the Package Selection.

Thank's again

but why not just use the prebuild mandriva packages from the repositories? It has 1.6.2 and I can't imagine a big difference between 1.6.2 and .3....

1.6.2 had the most crappy .doc support one can imagine. In 1.6.3 it's much improved (although still worse than OOo's).

but why not just use the prebuild mandriva packages from the repositories? It has 1.6.2 and I can't imagine a big difference between 1.6.2 and .3....

Mainly just for the fun of it.

I had never tried to compile a program, because I didn't dare to do it, I have always been afraid to mees up my computer if something went wrong.

But now I've got an old computer too, so I thought it would be a great idea if I tried to install so much as possible "the hard way" with out using rpmdrake. ;)