Downloader for X unreliable or is it me?

SoulSe

I recently started using Downloader for X (handles downloads with resume, bandwidth limiting, etc.

# urpmi d4x

(depending on your sources).

I like the program, but I have now downloaded three files, of which two did not sum! I did resume one of them, I know resuming can muck up your checksums sometimes...

Anyway, just wondering if there were any suggestions or tips for me? It is irritating downloading a file for 8 hours and then having to download it again because it doesn't sum!

I've used d4x on a 56k dialup for over a year without one single prob. I've downloaded countless kernels, had an updated mdk8.1 when 9.0 was released, and got all three 9.0 iso's with it, and just got Slackware's cd1 iso. All with nt and using the resume feature all the time. I love it.

version

d4x-2.4.0rc1-1tex

I just downloaded the contrib RPM's for 9.1 (1.8 Gigs, 2400+ files), and they seem to be all right.

What kind of modem do you have? Do you have problems with other apps not downloading things properly?

--Andrew

d4x does have some problems.

If i download a single file from many urls in parts, then even if one thread is slow, the download will not finish. ie, d4x will finish the parts from the fast threads and then wiat forever for the slow threads to complete. If you pause the download and then remove the slow servers from the list of alternates then it will many times restart the download.

I had a hell of a time downloading mdk 9.1 . ended up downloading the disc 2 three times on my 12kbps puedo broadband lan internet connection.

I still dont have the disc. No more patience.

See this post.

http://www.mandrakeusers.org/viewtopic.php...4052&highlight=

If you have a slow connection then the best is to run only one thread and not split the file into parts. I got my disc 1 safely that way and disc 3 also.