"glxgears" command restarts the X-server [solved]

Nik123

Hi all! Yesterday, I installed mandriva 2007 spring- till yesterday, I used mandriva 2007 RC2 sunna. But, there is a small problem- when I type glxgears into console, X-server restarts. I have installed mesa-demos, libmesagl1 and libmesagl1-devel. Here is my Module section of xorg.conf:

Section "Module"

# Load "dbe" # Double-Buffering Extension

Load "v4l" # Video for Linux

Load "extmod"

Load "type1"

Load "freetype"

Load "glx" # 3D layer

#Load "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia/libglx.so"

EndSection

I've installed already dkms-nvidia97xx-1.0-9755.2plf2007.1.i586 - my videocard is nvidia GeForce FX 5500

How to fix that problem with glxinfo? I had the same problem with 2007 "sunna" rc2 version- but after installing mesa-demos everything was fine. My xorg.conf "module" section was the same as posted above. Thanks in advance

# Load "dbe" # Double-Buffering Extension

The '#' means this line is a comment; in my xorg.conf this line is not commented out. The following command allows you to check whether 3D acceleration is running:

glxinfo | grep render

This should return a.o. the following line "direct rendering: Yes". If 'No' then you are not running 3d-aceleration. Also check that you actually use the nvidia driver (there should be a line Driver "nvidia" in the xorg.conf file).

Edited by pindakoe

Section "Device"

Identifier "device1"

VendorName "nVidia Corporation"

BoardName "NVIDIA GeForce FX - GeForce 7950"

Driver "nvidia"

Option "DPMS"

EndSection

This is Device section for the videocard in my xorg.cong. Yeah, I know that # is comment, but before Spring I used mandriva 2007 Sunna RC2 and the xorg.conf was the same, and glxgears worked fine

I know glxinfo command, but it also restarts X-server

Edited by Nik123