Mplayer

Jimtim

I have a couple of small problems with Mplayer. Can anyone help?

1) When I have a list of things to play, it generally plays the first item and not the others. For example, I like the site NME.com, where you can listen to streamed albums. But if I want to do this, I have to use Windows :puke: as Mplayer will play the first song and then stop.

2) It's very slow! But maybe there's nothing that can be done about this.

I have a 64 bit Celeron (equivalent Pentium 4) pc with 750Mo Ram running at 2.6 GHz.

It generally takes over a minute for Mplayer to start playing audio files. It doesn't play video at all: it just stops.

When I use it, I'm never doing anything more than writing a document in writer.

I noticed in one of your other posts that you're running Spring. Cooker might be a little shaky on the codec front. I would really go back to a stable Mandriva release if you want things to just work, because that will not be the experience in Cooker.

What graphic card do you have and which driver are you using for it?

I don't know if I'm using a 64 bit OS. Sorry; I'm pretty useless! How can I find this out?

My video card is NV17 GeForce4 MMX 440-SE.

I've just re-installed Mandriva 2007.0, following the advice of Greg2 and Silversurfer :D However, the problems I had problems before I accidentally downloaded cooker.

I don't know for the no-play issue, but for big-lag issue, I had this problem once because "jack" sound server was installed and did not work, and MPlayer tried to use it and could not success.

Yves.