Devices Icon in KDE

RadioEar

Right-click on a handle in the tray and Panel Menu -> Add Applet to Panel -> Storage Media. That way, when you insert a CD or connect e.g. a usb device, an icon should appears in the applet. Click that icon and enjoy.

A different approach is also there. The command for the 'Devices' icon that worked in Mdv 2006 does not work in Mdv 2007 out of the box (nasty "bug"). You can fix this by using a right-click -> Properties -> Application and make the command:

konqueror --profile system system:/media

Hope that helps. :)

Right-click on a handle in the tray and Panel Menu -> Add Applet to Panel -> Storage Media. That way, when you insert a CD or connect e.g. a usb device, an icon should appears in the applet. Click that icon and enjoy.

A different approach is also there. The command for the 'Devices' icon that worked in Mdv 2006 does not work in Mdv 2007 out of the box (nasty "bug"). You can fix this by using a right-click -> Properties -> Application and make the command:

konqueror --profile system system:/media

Hope that helps. :)

I'm working on the first suggestion... I see what that does, fine. OK the second suggestion shows me the hard drive and all the partitions, that's cool, at least now I know where every thing is and the partition sizes.

Great! :thumbs:

Edited by RadioEar

Stop usig icons! The world is only CLI!!!!

OK, I'll stop making jokes in your threads. :P I never knew that was a bug. I think the second suggestion is probably best as it seems to correct the "wrong argument" issue.