Major issues getting NVIDIA drivers installed on 9.1

AA

The whole install of 9.1 went great... absolutely no problems.

When I wanted to install the NVIDIA drivers however, then the problems all began.

I used the rpms and edited my XF86Config-4 file just like I did with 9.0

The only problem is, it worked with 9.0 its not working with 9.1 I cant start the X-Server at all anymore...?

Something about not being able to find a monitor. Has any one else had this problem...?

If not does someone know what I can do to get it to start the X-Server and have hardware acceleration....?

Ta

AA

Oh yes... after the rpms didn't work I tried the tarballs.

Then I got an error message something about the old kernel not being able to find it... <obviously... its not there>

what do I do...??

-AA

I used the rpms and edited my XF86Config-4 file just like I did with 9.0

Ta

AA

nvidia has not built the drivers for 9.1 yet. If you did not rebuild them, they won't work.

Remove the existing nvidia kernel and GLX. I have rebuilt them for 9.1 and put them on our ftp site, install and edit your config file.

I've mentionned this under software and had the same problem. Did a rpm --rebuild, also not a suitable configuration found....The problem is that the nvidia-module doesn't get loaded on time. Ones in textmode..if you do modprobe nvidia and then startx, it works...., but haven't find yet why it doesn't get loaded...first the rest of the programs..