speaker switch

eyeh8windows

Perhaps a bit more info on your setup would help. You say you switched your speakers around. This gives the impression they are wired and separate from your 'puter. That was my understanding from the way you presented your question. Obviously I was wrong. :mellow:

The speakers are wired together and are separate from my computer. The wire that runs from the speakers to the audio out port at the back of the computer is attached to the right speaker, since the wire is only long enough to reach the computer when I put the speaker on the left side I'm stuck hearing everything in the opposite speaker.

Unless anyone knows of a way to do this via software, and I cannot find anyway, it seems to be a hardware fix. This leaves a couple or three options. As I don't know your capabilities I would suggest buying an extension cable. These shouldn't be too hard to track down, and should not cost the earth to buy. If you cannot buy one and are capable make your own, this is not very challenging, unless you are physically challenged yourself (no rudeness intended here). Another option would be to split the existing cable and rejoin swapping the wires at the joint. This is a bit messy and so is not the preferred method.

I cannot think further input for you so I hope I have been of help.

As far as I know, there is no way to swap the stereo channels. That is hard wire on the sound card or hardware. I suppose a clever coder could write a driver to do this through software, but as you can imagine would screw up any application with a balance control. Now if some how if the analog leads from the CD or DVD player/writer got plugged in wrong, then you might have switch LR channels. That is if you are using analog, just about all OS use the WAV output today for audio CD playback.

Edited by RadioEar