DVD Rip

neddie

I recently "acquired" a rip of a DVD, in order to replace a damaged copy that I'd bought. The only problem is that now I've got a folder full of rar files and no clue how to stick them all together again...

Each of these rar files has at the end of the filename .DivX-enDi.partXX.rar (where XX is the part number starting at 01). I've also got a few other tiny text files, including an "sfv" file which looks like it contains checksums for each of the parts. At the top it says

; Generated by WIN-SFV32 v1.0
; (Compatible: Total Commander 6.52)

Can anyone tell me what I can do with these rar files so that I can rebuild a playable file / image?

Thanks!

Edited by neddie

you need unrar I guess, or maybe winrar under wine, then click the .DivX-enDi.part00.rar file and rar wil put all those rar files automatically together into one file..... I never burned a DVD though, as I donṫ have a burner, so I don't know about the next step. I just play them with vlc...

Edited by ffi

Cool, I just found a dir with all these little rar files (usally I delete them after extracting) and found and even easier way, just click on the .r00 file and Ark does the rest, no need to use the command line.

If the rar is password protected, then ark will error out, while with rar/unrar from cli you will simply be prompted for the password, which you can enter and extract perfectly well.