Mandriva linux 2007 in Hungary?

fahd

I ordered Mandriva Linux 2007 Powerpack+ DVD Only Version from a Hungarian software store in oct. 10(a few weeks later I did the same thing with another Software vendors here in Budapest of courde with the same resault)At the same day I got a fax telling me that they would ship the product within 3 or 6 weeks. Today they called me, they can not deliver the product cause Mandriva Soft seems not to find a great market here in Hungary. Really I am very sad of this mentality. I have been using Mandriva(mandrake) for 6 years. besides we often buy mandriva products in order to donate the firm in making a good stuff. Do we as Mandriva advocates deserve this? Hungarian population is more than 10 million. Is it worth to spread Mandriva Linux here? Do not forget the basics of the FOSS. Thanks a lot from Budapest.

Fahd

I used to buy powerpacks from EverythingLinux.com and Linux Systems Labs. They don't offer Mandriva official products anymore, since they cannot source them in Australia. I suspect this has something to do with the Mandriva business model which looks to me like "buy club membership, or else...".

It seems that I should have be contented with mandriva Linux 2007 Free version. No donation more. Thanks

If your connection can handle the download, and if the postal delivery is tricky, then getting the free version is probably the best way to go about it.

Please tell Mandriva that you wanted to buy it but had to download it for free, too - they should know that they're losing sales in Hungary.

It seems to be similar here in Germany.

I bought a DVD of the free version from one of the many CD/DVD services that save you the time and effort of downloading.

I think it was from ISO4YOU.

I know Mandriva recently added an address in Germany to their list.

But I have NEVER seen Mandriva in any store at all! Regardless of what country, and I do a lot of travelling in many countries.

If they do not put forth a product in a store near us, how can they expect to sell anything?

Helmut

Edited by Helmut