how to add more languages to the keyboard layout?

shams

Go into System/Configure/Configure Your Desktop and then find the option for Regional Settings and then Keyboard Layouts. You can add the options here. You should get a symbol by your clock that shows the flag and country code and you can click this to switch between languages.

Should be there, it's definitely in there, I know because I did it in Mandriva 2006. You might have to go through all the options to find the keyboard layouts. Once you find it, it's obvious as it has a list of all the countries to add them.

Note there's a difference between adding languages and adding keyboard layouts. For example, there's only one language installed on my system (English) and all menus, dialogs, buttons etc are always only in English. But I have multiple keyboard layouts installed and can switch between them at any time.

I don't think the menu entries have changed between 2005-2006-2007, you should be able to find them as Ian said.

EDIT: Oops, I just double-checked and it's in the start menu under System - Configuration - KDE - Regional & Accessibility - Keyboard Layout. Or at least it is in 2007 and like I said I don't think it's changed. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by neddie