how Mandriva mount CD and DVD

Guest alfz1

Hi,

do you know how how Mandriva mount CD and DVD (2007). There is not entry in /etc/fstab for supermount.

Also DVDs are mount as a /mnt/_DVD_label_. How can make it to mount on /mnt/cdrom

Thx in advance, alf

supermount is not longer used. it's now done by dbus, which automatically mounts it as your system is currently doing. if you want to mount it to /mnt/cdrom, you'll likely have to make your own fstab entry and even then it may be ignored. why is it that you need it to be mounted to /mnt/cdrom?

That's strange, my Mandriva 2007 mounts everything to /mnt/cdrom, probably because of this:

/dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom auto umask=0,users,iocharset=utf8,noauto,ro,exec 0 0

in my /etc/fstab. I never put it there, so I don't know why your's doesn't have it too.

AFAIK, the /etc/fstab entry has priority, hence the /mnt/cdrom for those who have this line in the file. If no line in the /etc/fstab mentions the removable device, then the mount point is automatically computed from the information given by dbus/hal.

Yves.