tv-computer

Michel

I'm just wondering if there are any devices with th following properties:

(I have a geforcecard with a tv-out)

-You can output your computer-displayoutput to your tv.

- You can control the mouse from your tv.

AND (if that wasn't enough) has to be all wireless. I know there are wireless connection for transferring audio and graphic-data, but controlling the mousepointer from your tv is not so easy to find I think and it has to be possible to run under linux....

Why I ask this? I'm not sure if I would install such a system, but my computer is in another room than the tv, so using the cable isn't possible. links to webites of brands,... are welcome. Like to now more about solutions for this, you never know....

Thanks for the help

Yes all what you ask is possible. You can use the TV out port on your graphics cars to output your desktop to your TV. You don't have to have a monitor connected as well, but you'll need to setup your system initially.

As for mouse control, why not just buy a normal wireless mouse/tracker ball & keyboard?

Wireless mouse/keyboard is not really an option :)

-First the batteries are quickley drained(?).

-I don't know a wireless mouse that goes through 3 walls, maybe with an amplifier :)(I can probably see my input and output from the street, so the whole street can watch everything :) ).

Have you considered buying a shuttle PC? These are low power, often fanless machines that you could put in you living room. Connected to a newtork that could solve your problem. You could even something VNC then to get access to you main computer.

Otherwise I'm not sure how you would do what your proposing. I've never heard of a TV thats has the ability to recieve mouse/keyboard commands on behalf of a computer. Even then you'd have to connect the computer and the TV together some how.

i tjink that there was an jHP (or IBM?) wireless keyboard that was recalled because it was sending input not only to the users pc but also to a users pc in the nest building!!

Do a google search, For wireless keyboard problem or something. Some of these keyboards have 8 meter range and they work on rf. See if any blutooth keyboards are there for you?

Ghostwriting Still a Problem: Remember the mysterious wireless keyboard that transported its signals to PCs across the room? It's struck again, this time sending a letter Oslo, Norway, resident Are Wormnes was writing to his considerate neighbor, Orjan Stokkeland. Stokkeland kindly called Wormnes to tell him what was going on. At first, Stokkeland thought his computer had a virus, but when his PC magically started writing a letter to protest a telephone company bill in Wormnes' behalf, he figured it out, reported Aftenposten. HP's response at first was to suggest Wormnes talk to all the neighbors and get them to switch channels. Then it said that Wormnes should just be careful about what he typed. Finally, the Norwegian news source reported, HP apologized via spokesman Joakim Larsen for the advice to avoid writing sensitive information. "That just isn't adequate. It is also regrettable that he was told to arrange channel selection with his neighbors. Those that have had this problem have switched to our new model with 256 different channels and higher security. Each time the computer is turned on the keyboard chooses a new channel at random. Then it is not possible to monitor someone's computer all the time," Larsen said. No, not all the time, but it is still possible. "You won't be 100 percent safe with the new model either. If you want to be completely sure that no one can see what you are writing then you should use a keyboard with a cord," Aftenposten quoted Larsen as saying.
http://www.interex.org/insidehp/articles/i...hp02.04.03.html

http://www.solarspeed.net/news/681.php