Mandriva mirrors

edwardp

I just tried to update my software and discovered that it could not download the synthesis.hdlist.cz file. I then FTP'd to the mirror (in the U.S.) to discover that the 10.0, 2006.0 and 2007.0 directories were gone (not found). I checked another U.S. mirror to find the same thing. Does anyone know what may have happened???

I also checked one of the European mirrors and all of the directories (including updates) were there.

I took a look at the Mandriva Free and One download pages, the mirrors where the directories disappeared, are not currently under the U.S. list of mirrors on either page, at this time, but I do not know if the listing is something that updates automatically or is updated manually.

In any event, the current listing shows only six mirrors in the U.S., there had been quite a bit more prior to this. Whatever the cause is, I hope it's only temporary.

Mine are still in sync, I have a private mirror with main/contrib/updates and they are still there, so they didn't get deleted overnight when my job ran at 4am to sync any changes.

I'm currently in sync with a US mirror, was using a UK one until recently.