Friendly Printer

bvc

With printers you get what you pay for.
Not necessarily......

Epson C82 159.00US (sale 129.00US)

One word - JOKE -sums it up but to be more specific it has the DURABrite Ink. Epsons web site shows Glossy Photo Paper as a media type but if you ask them on the phone "why do you say it uses glossy paper on your web page if it will only print a matt finish on glossy paper"...2 techies response is "I don't know" and "it does print on glossy paper but just a matt finish". My response was..."why in Hell would I buy glossy paper to print a matt photo?"...of course with no response. I could live with a matt finish if the quality, color, and res/dpi was worth a _ _ _ _ but it sucked all around. Black text was wonderful...though a lot slower than in win98, but I expected that.

So I downgraded to a;

Epson C62 (100.00 with a 20.00US Gift Card and a 20.00US rebate)

Better...but not even close. I wasn't going to spend more money and the C62 didn't use the durbrite ink. Again, black text was wonderful but for photos.....sucks all around...well it did glossy :wink: red/tint glossy but...glossy. :lol:

Both of these are twice, almost three times, the dpi as my year and a half old HP DeskJet 932C, and even in windows were grainer. Piss poor products. Run Away :!:....if you want nice photos. Should have tried the Lexmarks.....probably would have kicked Epsons _ _ _ :P But instead I repaired the HP myself for 10.00US (1 little plastic part). 8) Used with the hpijs driver provided by HP

http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/

I get the same or better quality in linux as in win98 and definately better than the Epsons, though text isn't as good.

Now, if I cold just find a pkg to print with....you know..somethig with templates of the standard sizes to put multiple photos on a sheet. Talk about standard...am I missy somethig here? Why aren't there 3 to choose from off the cd's like there's 3 of everything else? Any suggestions?